Once you have completed the Community Chaplaincy training course or it’s equivalency, you qualify for our Advanced Training. The coursework includes training in National Emergency Management Systems, Suicideology, Advanced Individual CISM and more.
One of the Specialized Training Pathways provides Chaplaincy service to EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement and Dispatch agencies – both on-scene and “behind scene” with an emphasis is on Critical Incident Stress assistance. The services offered by Emergency Ministries are offered without regard to religious affiliation (or lack thereof). We have sat down (sometimes on the scene) with our everyday heroes on issues involving things such as; fatalities involving children, multiple fatality accidents, deaths of co-workers, marital problems, substance abuse issues and the like.
Reactive Response ~
- Crisis Response: Emergency call outs are handled on a 24 hour / 7 day a week basis.
- Death Notifications: We respond to agencies to help notify citizens of deaths in their families.
- Counseling Services: For Law enforcement officers and their families (job, marriage, family, stress) and to citizens with short term, (usually crisis) counseling.
- Critical Incident Response: For horrific crime scenes, trauma, natural disasters, and other such emergency call outs.
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefings – To all first responders
- Follow up: To homes or hospitals to visit sick or injured officers or their families. We also respond to schools and / or businesses after a tragic death.
Proactive Response ~
- Ride A longs: With on duty patrol officers and deputies.
- Visitations: To agencies for all employees, sworn and non-sworn, dispatch and support employees.
- Weddings: Including pre-marital counseling